Monday 22 October 2012

I'm gonna really miss this cafe...


Last night we made a conscious decision to not die so 100 yards from the front door we turned back and had our beers on the decking instead of walking the distance to the pub. Just to be clear, it's really dark here and there's no where to run. 
On a Saturday night the HI hostel has a bonfire but because of the snow they lit the fire upstairs in the lounge. Kind of a pathetic night all round but I caught up on some reading and investigated our next stop, Revelstoke.
We've also found ourselves in the Bill Peyto cafe which I like mainly because of the name and secondly because it's on site.  It's not gonna win any awards but the foods good enough and cheap enough that we've been two nights in a row. The Lake Louise Inn across the road serve a cracking poutine as well. 
I also feel like I should mention the Visitors Centre, it's definitely worth a visit even if it's just for a "I need to get here...". As for Lake Louise itself I couldn't say whether summer or winter is better. The mountains weren't as visible and the water not as still but you can't justify hot chocolate on the edge of a lake in the summer.



This post is dedicated to my mum and dad who I fear are on the verge of a breakdown with all my tales of bears and alligators.

No comments:

Notes From Friends

Good day to you!