Friday 15 April 2016

24 Hours in Bangkok

So I survived the 21 hours it took to get here with a little finesse and dignity, can you believe it!
Round of applause, please.
I'm only in Bangkok for a day but will probably return at some point on my way home and I slept the morning and some of the afternoon away. I had every intention of going straight out once I'd dropped my bags at the hotel but you know how appealing beds can be at the best of times and it just had that king size come-hither look.
I did venture out eventually though and I swear on. my. cat's. life I didn't think I was going to make it back in the heat. I didn't know a single person could sweat that much. After finding refuge in an ice cream cafe, I made my way to the Grand Palace to be told I couldn't enter. From what I gathered from the hundreds of police, Buddhist monks, uniforms, blacked-out windows and people lining the streets, there must have been someone important in there. I googled it with no luck so I'll just have to live with never knowing. A man with a badge told me I couldn't move, sit down, or use my camera so I was stood there looking like a very confused tourist and visibly burning every second longer I was made to stand and watch. 
I'm safe and sound, back at the hotel with only a mozzie bite on my bottom and a couple of pink shoulders. 




No comments:

Notes From Friends

Good day to you!