Monday 21 March 2016

HOW TO SPEND 2 DAYS IN LONDON


Flying on a Friday, after work, sucks. But hey, that's the kind of sacrifice I'm willing to make for my friends. Graham flew in from Barcelona, Amy from Aberdeen and I from Edinburgh to see our Eils who is currently living in London, for our annual meet. Last year Barcelona, this year London, where to next?! All the feels!!

I've maintained for years that I hate London after a school trip when I was 13 but I was pleasantly surprised this time around. No uninspiring tours of the BBC studios or overpriced ride on the London Eye. Just some great food, theatre, walks and friends. 
I arrived pretty late on Friday evening and naturally I was hungry (always) so we went for burgers at Byron Burger and took a walk around Covent Garden before heading to our home for a nice little snooze.

We had a super lazy morning the next day and headed out for coffee on our way to see CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY!!! at the Theatre Royal Drury Lane. woooooooow. It was incredible. You can't even imagine. We strolled around...Piccadilly Circus, Downing St., Leicester Square, Horse Guards Parade, Westminster, Big Ben, Tottenham Court Road (Harry Potter anyone!!) and then back home for warmth and some yummy Nepalese grub. We stayed in because it's good to be lazy sometimes, right? 

Notting Hill for lunch, the burrito of all burritos at Whole Foods, on Sunday and a walk through Kensington Gardens before we said our goodbyes and we headed off to the airport. Big sad face. 

No comments:

Notes From Friends

Good day to you!