Thursday 21 April 2016

Descending Dragon Bay- Halong Bay

I'm looking through my photos and I can't actually believe I've just been in Halong Bay, woooft! The trip wooshed by, beautiful friends made along the way. I went with a junk-boat cruise called Halong Dragon Cruise for a 2night/3day trip. After a hot and humid day kayaking and squid fishing, we drank the hours away on the deck in the floating city of boats.
 A struggle getting up for breakfast the next morning and then across to Monkey Island to see the monkeys and get our tan on. We made our way to Cat Ba island, the largest of the islands in Halong Bay, and cycled the 5km through the limestone mountains to our bungalow for the night which was in-credible! All the wildlife. David Attenborough eat your heart out. It was a pretty remote village and I wish we'd been able to stay longer. I mean b-jeezus look at those photos.
I'm off to the north-west next to a place called Sapa.
Lazing about Hanoi waiting for the lightening storms to end there. Crossing so many things of dat list!


5 comments:

  1. Looks amazing ! Enjoy Crazy chic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does Vietnam experience monsoon rains? As a laddie in Singapore I thought they were awesome. Probably wouldn't think so now. <3 xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos, Louise!! Epic adventure xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos, Louise!! Epic adventure xxx

    ReplyDelete

Good day to you!