Wednesday 3 July 2013

happy belated Canada Day!!

I picked vodka up from the liquor store on my break and sneaked it upstairs into my locker without anyone seeing and lucky I did because the streets were scary when I left work. People really love Canada. They also love synchronised police on motorbikes. I'm sure that's what they're called. It was smokin' hot outside which made for a sweaty ride on the skytrain.

We watched the fireworks downtown at Coal Harbour and then made our way to sunset beach on the opposite side of downtown to go swimming. I stupidly told them I'd never swam in the sea. My mistake. I was definitely peer-pressured into it but it did look fun I suppose. Very soon we were skinny-dipping in the killer whale infested pacific ocean with no nets or rocks to save us. But I swam in the ocean, no-feet touching, choking on salt water, sitting on a buoy, handstands on the bottom, full on swimming. Thank you very much.

I actually haven't swam since I was 18 in Florida with my mum and brother. Weird huh.

(photo- VanCityBuzz)


 

No comments:

Notes From Friends

Good day to you!